Help with CRAZY Preset!

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Help with CRAZY Preset!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      lwflaxman

Hey guys! So, I was watching this guy who claims to speak to the spirits… using an H9, a Lunchbox Jr, a noise gate and an FM radio. Interesting stuff indeed.

I have my own ideas as to how this all works, but, I would LOVE to try and recreate this preset – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95FI2ELEReE

It’s obviously a customized one (based on the H9 displaying 0HUFF) – reverse reverb would be my bet, but, I’m not certain.

Please take a listen and help out if you can.

Thank you so much!

brock
      Participant

I just had a quick listen.  The ‘buildup’ (slow attack) immediately reminded me of the UltraTap algorithm.  Not so sure about the processing of the actual vocal portion yet.  Difficult to hear.

lwflaxman

Here is another one to check out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

brock
      Participant

See, now I’m getting a completely different impression on that one.  First of all, it’s good to know that Eddie’s doing OK, but … no axes lying around in “heaven”?  Hard pass.

I don’t think that’s true reverse reverb … but inverse reverb.  A plate, with an extra-metallic aftertaste.  So, BlackHole algorithm (or standalone pedal).  Closer to 100% wet MIX.  Not much inverted decay; somewhere not too far left of 12:00 [INV GRAVITY].  Some SIZE [~9:00].  No PRE-DELAY.

You might try spreading some LOW-LEVEL / HIGH-LEVEL EQ, with some boosted RESONANCE.  I’m hearing some pitch shifting / bending in spots, so higher MOD-DEPTH; slower MOD-RATE.  No FEEDBACK.  Add a few dB of OUT LEVEL, if you need to return to unity gain.

Fold in any ‘spirits of choice’ you have floating around at the input.

brock
      Participant

I’m doing this by ear, so I haven’t actually put any of these theories to work yet.  But I want to say you can do much of the same thing in the DynaVerb algorithm.  Less ‘metallic’, but you can get close with fine-tweaking the SIZE & DECAY.  Don’t worry about the reverb fade-in here (that’s in the compression, below).  Just the reverb’s timbre, and that short-ish DECAY time.

The advantages include a lot more control of the overall ‘shape’ of the reverb.  The disadvantages include … a lot more control over the ‘shape’.  The interactive compression controls [ATTACK, RELEASE, THRESHOLD, SIDECHAIN, and, most especially, the unique RATIO from OmniPressor] requires a certain level of familiarity.  Lots of little back ‘n’ forth adjustments.

You can gain some choppy glitchiness with some CW SIDECHAIN levels.  You will lose the random modulation found in BlackHole.   That adds a nice, otherworldly touch.  But you can craft just about any envelope shape over the input that you can dream up; with or without the ‘verb component.

lwflaxman

Anyone else want to take a shot at this? LOL!

lwflaxman

I think I’ve got one that might be better, but, still having an issue with getting it tweaked. Would anyone else be willing to help?

charliie866

Did you have any luck been trying myself

charliie866

I believe this guy uses mosquito ultra tap and black hole but I don’t know the settings I’ve been trying for some time so any help would be appreciated

camn
      Participant

ok.. what are the odds that lwflaxman is actually the guy talking to spirits?

?

amirite?

camn
      Participant

I mean.. thats what you WOULD say, right? RIGHT?

apalazzolo
      Participant

Have you tried Mangledverb?

lwflaxman
      brock wrote:

I just had a quick listen.  The ‘buildup’ (slow attack) immediately reminded me of the UltraTap algorithm.  Not so sure about the processing of the actual vocal portion yet.  Difficult to hear.

Thanks for checking it out. I thought about ultratap being an option, but, for some reason I can’t seem to get vocal clarity with that preset.

lwflaxman
      brock wrote:

I’m doing this by ear, so I haven’t actually put any of these theories to work yet.  But I want to say you can do much of the same thing in the DynaVerb algorithm.  Less ‘metallic’, but you can get close with fine-tweaking the SIZE & DECAY.  Don’t worry about the reverb fade-in here (that’s in the compression, below).  Just the reverb’s timbre, and that short-ish DECAY time.

The advantages include a lot more control of the overall ‘shape’ of the reverb.  The disadvantages include … a lot more control over the ‘shape’.  The interactive compression controls [ATTACK, RELEASE, THRESHOLD, SIDECHAIN, and, most especially, the unique RATIO from OmniPressor] requires a certain level of familiarity.  Lots of little back ‘n’ forth adjustments.

You can gain some choppy glitchiness with some CW SIDECHAIN levels.  You will lose the random modulation found in BlackHole.   That adds a nice, otherworldly touch.  But you can craft just about any envelope shape over the input that you can dream up; with or without the ‘verb component.

Hey, thank you! I’m just not getting back to trying this and was unable to get it even close using Dynaverb. That preset sounds like it would be perfect, and I would love to try it, but, I’m just not familiar enough with things to get it even in the same ballpark.

I got something which sounds kind of close using blackhole reverse reverb… but there is too much reverb and I can’t figure out how to take some of it out without messing up the whole effect.

Super frustrating! I think I’m close, but, not quite there yet.

lwflaxman
      camn wrote:

ok.. what are the odds that lwflaxman is actually the guy talking to spirits?

?

amirite?

Sorry, no, you arentrite. Thanks for participating though!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.