- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000R and Emote: Any possibility of MIDI Port Driver Conflicts on a PC? Reply To: H9000R and Emote: Any possibility of MIDI Port Driver Conflicts on a PC?

John Baylies
Participant
wvought wrote:
Is there any possibility of such conflicts when using the H9000R/Emote on a PC?

I don't think so, no. Your DAW communicates with the Emote VST via Emote's Functions, and the Emote VST communicates with the H9000 via the Local Area Network, so it shouldn't be an issue. I'm working on getting someone to test this with Cubase to be certain, and I'll let you know when that happens. BTW, it's also possible to use Emote as a stand-alone app, and send MIDI via USB directly from your DAW to the H9000R.

wvought wrote:
If I buy an H9000R and my network (wifi or Ethernet) crashes, will I then be unable to use the H9000R until the network is restored?

If your LAN loses internet connectivity, you'll still be able to connect to the H9000R with Emote, but if your router crashes, you will not be able to connect to the H9000R with Emote until the router reboots; however, the H9000R will flawlessly continue to process audio the whole time. Support for connecting to Emote via USB is in the works but I can't promise a timeline for that yet.

wvought wrote:
I would be interested to hear others' opinions of the pros and cons re buying an H9000R vs. an H9000.

Currently, the H9000 supports scenes, but the H9000R does not. Scenes support is coming to the H9000R but I can't promise a timeline for that yet.