- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000/Emote Cubase Integration Reply To: H9000/Emote Cubase Integration

tbskoglund
Eventide Staff
federicogh wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Forgive me if this is a dumb question… I just got a H9000R and for the life of me I can't figure out how to route things properly in Cubase Elements 11. I have managed to use the H9000 as a send by manually setting up a bus and hooking things up in Emote. However I can't seem to be able to use it as an insert. When I put it as Insert on a track, I can't figure out how I am supposed to hook up the connections in Emote. I have tried anything I could think of and I still don't get any signal into Emote (when using as an insert).

Also a related question… I want to use the H9000 as my only interface. Do I always need to setup an FX chain as a "through" from USB input to analog out in order to get audio out of my monitors (which are connected directly to the H9000 analog out)?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Federico

Hi Federico, 

First, can you tell me if you're using Windows or Mac? Are you connecting the H9k to your computer/DAW via USB? 

Can you give me a bit more information about how you were able to successfully route audio using a send/bus in Cubase? If you're able to get this to work then it seems like your H9k is connected properly. Have you used external audio devices as inserts with Cubase before? This youtube tutorial is a good starting point if you're not familiar with the concepts – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-N-9AGlrXk

To use your H9k as an audio interface, instead of using an FX chain with the “through” algorithm, you can use the “Direct I/O” signal chain located next to the other FX chains and route your USB input to the Analog output there. This way you'll still be able to use all 4 FX chains. With this setup, be sure to use caution with the volume levels that you are sending out to your monitors since there is currently no monitor control on the H9k.

More details about the Direct I/O signal chain can be found on page 22 of the H9000 user manual – https://downloads.eventide.com/audio/manuals/h9000/H9000UsersManual.pdf