- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000/Emote Cubase Integration Reply To: H9000/Emote Cubase Integration

tpluta
Eventide Staff
federicogh wrote:

Thanks for your help, I just have a couple of leftover questions to recap and confirm my understanding.

1) Because the Emote VST plugin controls the global state of the H9000 it doesn't really matter where you place it in your DAW session, on which track etc. The main advantage of using Emote as a VST plugin (as opposed to the standalone application) is the fact that the current state of the unit is saved as part of your DAW project, because the Emote VST plugin state is saved. Is that correct?

2) The advantage of using the External Effect option in Cubase is that you can set it up once, and then audio will always be routed the same way. However it sounds like what I am doing is functionally exactly (?) equivalent, except for the fact it involves more manual setup. Do you think that's the case?

Thanks again

Federico

Regarding the Cubase question:

If you use two tracks (one that outputs to the H9000 and another as a return track) and monitor only the return track, that should sound the same as using an "External Plug-in" as an insert. The "External FX" can be dragged in like a plugin and it does the send and return for you.

So I think you're right: what you're doing should sound the same, it just involves more work.