- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount Dante and/or MADI setup with H9000 Reply To: Dante and/or MADI setup with H9000

jbamberg
Eventide Staff
zengomi wrote:

Perhaps this should be a new thread.

I bought the Dante Expansion card and RME Digiface Dante. 

Both the card and Digiface Dante appear in Dante Controller. Dante Updater updated Digiface Dante, but the card falls under "Consult Manufacturer". 

The above was done/occurs with a 2019 iMac under macOS 10.15.7.

I have a 2011 MacBook Pro running the last version of Catalina. The latest versions of Audio Controller and RME USB driver are installed. I guess I should have a go with that. But what is Eventide's official update method?

Cheers

Audinate recently made the change to require firmware updates to be performed using their web services.  We need to upload the firmware to their servers so that Dante Updater can find it and install it.  I read recently that they are planning to add the option to install firmware from a local file (which is how updates used to be done), but I don't know if this has been released yet.

So, I guess the answer to your question is that our official update method needs to be updated to be consistent with the way Audinate is doing things nowadays.  I will update this thread when we've posted our firmware to the Audinate servers.