- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000R with midi floor controller (no emote) Reply To: H9000R with midi floor controller (no emote)

joecozzi
Eventide Staff

I’ll start off with this question first because as an H9000R owner, it’s the most important:

gnarly_armoire wrote:
Does it have to be via scenes? Maybe that will work but I would think I can just send program changes, no?

Currently, H9000R owners cannot take advantage of changing Scenes via MIDI. We are working on adding this capability soon, as well as adding this programmable functionality to Emote.

That being said, in the H9000, Scenes is the only way to “change programs.” The H9000 needs to know what it is you wish to load – an algorithm, a preset, or an entire FX Chain – and customizing scenes allows you to choose exactly what gets loaded. Once you load a Scene you may program your MIDI controller to bypass or activate individual effects within the FX Chain; I recommend this method for speed. You may also recall expression settings as well.

gnarly_armoire wrote:
Is it currently possible to use it plus a Midi foot controller (like a roland FC 300 etc) for program changes without having emote connected?

Yes, I use an RJM controller in a guitar rig with an H9000 in much the same way. You’ll have to do your preprogramming beforehand, like you mentioned.

gnarly_armoire wrote:
Also, when using H9000 as a USB audio interface, does it also work as a computer to midi interface?

Yes, it acts as a USB audio interface allowing you to send & receive 16 channels of audio. Just be aware that it was not designed as your main monitor controller, as there is no volume knob to control the volume of your speakers. However, it is possible to combine the I/O of an existing interface with the I/O of the H9000 to create an aggregate device, as explained on page 64 of the user manual.

gnarly_armoire wrote:
Can I send midi data from software to the H9000 midi outputs, or would I just have to use the MIDI thru in that case?

The MIDI THRU connector accepts any incoming MIDI signals and outputs a mirrored duplicate of those signals. This allows you to daisy chain multiple MIDI devices when you don’t have enough MIDI ports on your standalone MIDI interface.