- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 won’t boot with wireless dongle inserted Reply To: H9000 won’t boot with wireless dongle inserted

jbamberg
Eventide Staff
robert wrote:

Some new info, and I think now that half of my USB ports are broken.

I'm running the latest 2.0 beta now, and found that the machine will boot with a USB device plugged into any of the ports. I did learn though that the wifi dongle would only be detected from the lower front panel USB port on the H9000. Weird.

I just did a test with the provided USB thumb drive, and here are the results:

• Plugged into front panel TOP USB socket: no response (NO orange light in the thumb drive, no nothing).
  • Plugged into front panel BOTTOM socket: response (orange light + USB STORAGE CONNECTED).
  • Plugged into back panel TOP socket: response (orange light + USB STORAGE CONNECTED).
  • Plugged into back panel BOTTOM socket: no response (I DO get orange light here, but no further response).

Note how the two sockets that do not work have different behaviour. The front panel top socket doesn't respond at all. The back panel bottom socket though DOES give me the orange light on the thumb drive, so the socket seems more alive. 

I really hope this is software, but I'm afraid this is my hardware and the device has to be returned. Eventide, please advise. 

Thanks, Robert

Thanks for the thorough troubleshooting.  I'm sorry to say that this sounds like a hardware problem, perhaps an issue with the internal USB hub.  If you haven't already, please contact support@eventide.com and refer them to this thread.  This will create a support ticket in our tracking system, and they will advise you further about RMA details.