- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Control 4.0 is now in beta testing Reply To: H9 Control 4.0 is now in beta testing

apalazzolo
Participant

Windows 10 user here.  I’ve spent a lot of time with H9 Control over the last 3 years.

Knee jerk reactions.  I hate the look of the new GUI.  The preset symbols/icons are difficult to read for two reasons:  The icons are very wide and the color scheme is awful.  Between the two, the color problem is the worse.  I think you already know what I’m about to say.  One cannot readily distinguish between the SPACE and H9 algorithms and presets. 

You boxed yourself into a corner by relying on font color to distinguish between them.  The font color for SPACE should be black, but it can’t be block because the background is black.  So you made it gray, the same color as the H9 font.  Restated it is a mistake to use black/gray as the color scheme for both the SPACE and H9 algos/presets.

These are new problems.  You broke something that didn’t need to be “fixed”.  I suggest you “unfix” this.