- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Control 4.0 is now in beta testing Reply To: H9 Control 4.0 is now in beta testing

bohan
Eventide Staff
apalazzolo wrote:

TWO POSSIBLE HOTSWITCH PROGRAMMING BUGS IN BOTH H9 AND SPACE ALGORITHMS

Hi.  Please see the attached jpeg demonstrating two possible hotswitch bugs.  For a long time I’ve noticed what seemed to be random hotswitch programming errors, but the attached jpeg shows that quirks exists but they are not random.  They confused me for a very long time and after looking at the manual, I can’t believe this is considered normal.  The same issues arise in Space and H9 algos and whether the presets changes are made to presets dragged into a new list or copied and pasted into a new list.  I am running H9 control on Windows 10.  Thanks.

Hi

#1 is not an issue. When you program the hotswitch mapping, it doesn’t remove the existing mappings automatically. Otherwise, it would confuse users if all old mappings are gone when they program new mappings. So what you noticed was correct. If you’d like to remove old mappings, you can either right click the HotSwitch button to remove all existing mappings or double click the knob/parameter that you’d like to remove mapping from.

#2 is not reproducable on my computer. When I program HotSwitch for all knobs, their existing Ribbon/HotKnob mappings are not affected. Could you please try it again? Maybe you right clicked the ribbon and removed the ribbon mappings accidentally?

Let me know. Thank you!