- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Control 4.0 is now in beta testing Reply To: H9 Control 4.0 is now in beta testing

apalazzolo
Participant
bohan wrote:
apalazzolo wrote:

#1 Why not display the prior mappings upon long-pressing the hotswitch?  That way the starting point is always totally unambiguous.

Good point! I’ll see if I can improve.

Thanks, that will definitely ease HS programming.

With respect to my second concern (HS programming failing to remember some parameter changes), I did more testing to try to find heart of the matter.   It’s up to you but I think there is a reproducable there there.

It boils down a failure to remember changes made to any/all parameters after touching the ribbon controller or the “side buttons” for it in any way when in HS programming mode.  This is in Windows 10.

Please consider trying these:

Recall Ultratap F1 preset.

Long-press the HS.

Press either one of the “side buttons” for the ribbon controller (turning it on) and then press it again (turning it off).

Change any one or more parameters.

Press HS (to exit programming mode) and press HS again (to view the changes that should have been remembered).  None are remembered.  Note changes made BEFORE touching the side buttons WILL BE remembered.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

Recall Ultratap F1 preset.

Long-press the HS.

Move the ribbon controller any amount in any direction.

Change any one or more parameters.

Press HS (to exit programming mode) and press HS again (to view the changes that should have been remembered).  None are remembered.  Note changes made BEFORE touching the ribbon WILL BE remembered.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************

bohan, I want to thank you directly for considering my thoughts/concerns throughout this thread.  I sincerely appreciate it and hope I’m not becoming a pest/gadfly.   ~Tony