- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes ROSE issue with overdrive/distortion pedals + …. Reply To: ROSE issue with overdrive/distortion pedals + ….

providenceH
Participant

thanks Joe for your reply,

my unit was bought new from Thomann in early Feb 2021, it did not allow me to save my presets as EDM kept showing I need before to update so I jumped to the latest revision (3.15 if I recall correctly), losing my presets and restoring it back to factory.

It still does the issue as per my initial request, I made a video showing it, I play first with BEOD off then on, initial pedal settings are mine and are as per knobs shown in the video, then I recall factory preset one and did the same, it seems that my preferred modulation (very good dose of Random) is the most affected by the issue unfortunately, please help me solve it, link to the video:

https://vimeo.com/564633130

https://i.imgur.com/YjfZNOt.mp4

signal chain is: Les Paul Custom (stock) – StrobostompHD (buffered)-Dunlop ZW wah (not true bypass)-Friedman BEOD(true bypass)-mooer elady OFF (true bypass)-Digitech luxe ON (true bypass)-ROSE-Dunlop EP103 echoplex ON as short reverb from slapback (true bypass)-Cusack tremolo OFF (true bypass)-Marshall 1987x plexi 50w replica(stock)-Marshall 4×12 with vintage 30

Thanks a lot

Tony

joecozzi wrote:
providenceH wrote:
with my Friedman BE-OD pedal engaged before it, it drastically drops the volume of the repeats.

I have a Frieman BE-OD and I cannot replicate the issue. My taps stay prominent whether the OD is on or not. What are you plugging the Rose into? Can you try with stock preset number #1 to see if you have the issue? You can always back up your presets using EDM and try to restore Factory settings to root out any weird settings that may be causing the issue.

providenceH wrote:
PS: got another issue with my Tesla control… no way I can set it for tap tempo, I followed all the instructions (aux on, select it, select tap tempo etc) but no way to make it work, I tried also some other pedals (mxr, custom made etc) and connected everything also with a TRS cable but all of them do nothing, I can stomp in whatever way but pedal does not recognyze any tap input

Keep in mind that if the HOTSWITCH is set to control LFO rate, then so will the auxiliary Tap Tempo switch. Make sure the HOTSWITCH is controlling the tap tempo and your aux switch will do the same. Press & Hold the HOTSWITCH to toggle between LFO Rate (green) and Tap Tempo (RED).