Sorry to hear you’re having a problem getting Blackhole to work. There shouldn’t be a compatibility issue with your system. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below and let me know what happens:
Plug-in isn’t working in a DAW on Mac:
1. Confirm you have the latest version of your plug-in installed: https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/plugins
2. Confirm that you have the latest version of iLok License Manager installed (www.ilok.com).
3. Make sure the plug-in license is activated to your machine or iLok dongle in the iLok License Manager.
4. Close your DAW, and delete the following files:
-AAX: Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-ins/Eventide/<plugin name>.aaxplugin
-VST: Mac HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST/Eventide/<plugin name>.vst
-AU: Mac HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components/<plugin name>.component
-Presets and Docs: ~/Music/Eventide/<Plugin Name>/ (whole folder)
5. Open your DAW and rescan you plug-ins, and then shut your DAW again.
6. Deactivate and reactivate the plug-in license in iLok License Manager.
7. Reinstall your plug-in
8. Reopen your DAW and rescan your plug-ins.
9. AudioUnit only: If still not showing, some Mac OSes occasionally require a restart for Audio plugins to correctly scan.
Other additional things a user should check for based on their DAW:
Plug-in not showing up after above steps:
Launch Logic Pro X
Go to Preferences->Plug-in Manager and select “Reset and Rescan Selection”
If the plugin fails validation, then copy the output of the white window, and send it to us
If the plugin passes validation but still does not show in the Insert menus, try the following steps:Close Logic Pro X
Make sure Finder is the active application
While holding the Option key, click on the Go menu at the top of your screen and select Library
Delete the following files from your User Library, if they are present:
Then, open a Terminal window (Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal), and enter the following commands (type each command and press “Enter” afterwards)killall -9 cfprefsd
killall -9 AudioComponentRegistrar
Restart your computer
Restart Logic Pro X
Plug-in not passing validation:
Launch Logic Pro X
Go to Preferences->Plug-in Manager, and check if the plug-in is listed
Highlight the plug-in and select “Reset and Rescan Selection”
If validation fails, copy the output of the white window, and send it to us