- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitch factor: any horn players here? Reply To: Pitch factor: any horn players here?

brock
Participant

… I need to “open” the harmonizer only on specific notes or phrases, often with quick changes … Is there a way to activate/deactivate the bypass or the output quickly and temporarily and perhaps with a button that I can handle with the heel of my foot? …

You have several options.  The most versatile way is mapping an auxiliary switch to the expression pedal settings.  Joe Cozzi explains the process more succinctly than I have. [link below – around 3:00 and 5:00 minutes in].  It’s H9 / HotSwitch-focused, but the same applies to the PF.  This is the method I often use to momentarily change Key / Scale or harmony intervals on-the-fly.

https://www.eventideaudio.com/forums/topic/h9-hotswitch-momentary-latch/#post-161782

Also, you can directly assign Bypass, or the function of one of the three physical switches.  In all of the PitchFactor algorithms, ‘Parameter 1’ controls MIX.  So you can snap between a MIN / MAX range of dry to wet.  Caveat:  that will be a Global assignment, while the EXP PED methods above can be tailored per-preset.

Your external switch … it can be most any momentary.  Something sturdy.  A few Boss FS-6’s each give me TIP, RING, TIP+RING, plus momentary / latching & polarity toggles.  Any common keyboard sustain switch has a great feel to it, for a single [TIP] assignment.

I am assuming you’re not using MIDI, but there’s a superset of the AUX Switch functions to be found there.  I don’t play brass / woodwinds, but I admire your spirit of exploration.  I’d guess that – in General Settings: Source Instrument – it might be worth trying out SynthLead & SynthBass.  My personal preference:  I use a Bypass Mode of DSP+FX.  I find that RELAY or DSP make the transitions a little too abrupt.