H9 Hotswitch Momentary/Latch

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Hotswitch Momentary/Latch

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      BlakeWilder
      Participant

Hi guys!

I recently got the H9 Max and I was wondering if it is possible to set the Hotswitch either as a momentary or a latch switch (per algorithm!).

I noticed that some algorithms use it either way but I don’t know how to tell the switch what to do.

Many thanks in advance!

Greetz,

Blake

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hi Blake,

There isn’t a way to customize whether the Hotswitch/Performance switch functions in latching or momentary. Every algorithm was designed to be one or the other; where “Hotswitch” is used, it’s always latching. However, H9 has a function called “Expression Pedal Value” that will momentarily take your settings to the Max range settings of your expression ranges. This can be set to behave like a momentary Hotswitch. I explain in this video:

In addition, with an adequate controller, customizing latching/momentary functionality can be achieved via MIDI by programming press & release states per button.

BlakeWilder
      Participant

Thanks for the ultra-fast response!!

Yes, I tried that too today but unfortunately it seems that when using the expression trick it also applies to all algorithms…I use the H9 with a third party three way switch, Hotknob is the middle one. So you can set the middle switch only either to momentary or latch generally.Would be cool, if it was possible to do this per algorithm. But that’s ok since I want to get another H9 🙂

Thanks again!

Greetz,

Blake

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.