- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Mapping CC to H9 Parameters? Reply To: Mapping CC to H9 Parameters?

apalazzolo
Participant

I’m a MIDI newb compared to others here but since no one has chimed in I’ll offer this:

In the Control app, look in >pedal settings>MIDI settings>assign MIDI CC messages and scroll down some.  You will see parameter 1 through parameter 10.  I think this operates on a global level and allows you to control these parameters through any MIDI CC messages you assign there.  So it should be simple to make a device with 10 knobs you can tweak as you try different algos and presets.  Other options, like increment and load, could also be added.

In fact, a company called EVENMIDI used to make a MIDI device like this optimized for the H9.  I have also heard internet rumors that this can be done using any one of the Eventide Factor pedals.

However, I have extensive experience using the control app and think you are better off working with that.  I have experienced the problems you mentioned.  They are real.  But I think working around them is best because you have to look at the control app to know what the 10 parameters are anyway.  Here are a few suggestions:

Connect your H9 with a USB cable to avoid pairing and lag problems.

Use a mouse to rotate virtual knobs etc.

Note that clicking etc. the knobs is subtle ways access helpful features.  Don’t be like me an learn this by accident after months; read the manual.   Reread this bullet point 7 times.

The top right hand corner of each individual algorithm screen has an “info” button.  There is often very valuable information about what each parameter does in each algo.  Sometimes they are so general as to be useless, but that is the exception.

Good luck!