- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount will we ever seen granular processing in the h9000? Reply To: will we ever seen granular processing in the h9000?

taylor12k
Participant

ha.. oops.. wrong link! (was supposed to be to a youtube video demo’ing some standard granular plugs) but, yeah, your bit about the 100% wet and delay buffer sounds interesting…

and, yeah, the idea of a static sample buffer with scrubbing through with a window… exactly…. but this can also be done in real time these days with a lot of plug ins.. that’s the granular aspect i was talking about…

of course, there’s not necessarily a reason to do it on the h9000 if there are dozens of plug ins that can do it already… but my initial question on this thread was simply whether the h9000 was capable. i haven’t seen the h9000 have more “advanced” effects than the 7600 or 8000 i used to have… just “more of them at once”. i think eventide has dropped the ball a bit in really pushing the platform to more exotic and DSP-hungry types of processes…

don’t get me wrong.. i love the integration of the 9000 and the ability to really stack algorithms unlike we could on the 8000 but i’ve got to think with all that power they can utilize it for even more robust effects, such as granular synthesis..