- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Can I use 2 aux switches on the H9 for 2 functions? Reply To: Can I use 2 aux switches on the H9 for 2 functions?

peevman
Participant

Wow Joe, Wonderful info thank you for your time and expertise. You may or may not be familiar with this product but I am using a G3 GigRig Atom as my pedal board controller. It combines my ability to combine various stomp pedals into separate loops (which I can turn on and off as I program each preset) and also the G3 sends out midi PC and expression commands to anything on my board that receives midi (like the H9). So in essence rather than having to utilize the back of the H9’s Exp in and the cable arrangement that you mention in your previous reply, it is my understanding the “expression” and “aux” communication from the G3 is configured through programming the appropriate midi commands to the H9 from the G3. As there are two Exp In jacks in my G3, would it make sense that if I get 2 “normally open” aux switches I could use two TRS cables to connect the 2 aux switches to my G3 and then program the G3 to send the appropriate “aux” and “expression” commands to the H9 for each algorithm I use that I want to employ two separate commands? Does that make sense to you, in concept?

One question though..Let’s say I want to program one aux switch to always control the hotspot settings …seems easy enough…..but what if  the other aux switch might have different “expression” jobs depending on the algorithm, like a regular expression pedal  would be programmed….would going into my H9 pedal settings for the “expression” control be one global setting for the 2nd aux switch to always utilize whatever “expression” command each algorithm be programmed in the H9 (one stomp for the min and one stomp for the max ) that I program in my H9 as an “expression” command?

Thanks for your input, time and expertise, Joe!