12-String Acoustic Guitar Emulation

Home Forums Products Rackmount 12-String Acoustic Guitar Emulation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      J20056
      Participant

Is there a preset on the H7600 to emulate a 12-string acoustic guitar? I already have a clean acoustic tone coming in, I'm only interested in the second octave strings. the trick is that the high-E and also the B strings are not raised by an octave as the strings are the same. Dunno how to do that except is there a way to have the octave module do nothing if the frequency coming in i higher than some input?

IDeangelis

You could try using a Custom Scale Shifter preset, creating a custom scale where E and B are set to unison and all other notes are set to +1200. That my work, even though a polyphonic source is not the best for pitch shifting.

A guitar with separate strings outputs would be the perfect one to pitch shift!

best

I

J20056
      Participant

I have MIDI output on a per string basis, but not analog signal. Even if I did, how would an H7600 be able to handle 6 inputs?

IDeangelis

That would require an H8000, using an external multichannel A/D converter.

A simpler attempt could be using one H7600 input for the 4 lower strings and the other for the hi B and E, pre_mixing them outside of the unit.

Or…a guitar with 6 pan pots and a stereo output…like the Ripley in the '80s.

Not easy.

best

I

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.