Home Forums Products Stompboxes 2 H9s with Invalid Serial Number

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      riuki
      Participant

Hello,
      i bought two used H9s from a friend.

One should be a Max and one a Core.

I can connect tot he an H9s via Bluetooth, but the name for the H9s says ???? and the PIN to connect via Bluetooth is not the last 4 digits from the Serial number but 1234.

In the end there’s no communication possible because it says invalid serial number( on both devices!)

I resetted the H9 by pressing the Hotknob and the right footswitch( it says clear) and by pressing the big Black knob and the right footswitch( it says initial).

I tried to use the direct updater. The device is recognized as -invalid- and the device is not updateable.

I have no idea what could have caused the Invalid serial number thing.

I registered one H9 with Eventide with the Serial number on the Back of the device and it says H9 Max on the Website.
      Any help is appreciated

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Have you tried updating the H9s using a direct connection to your computer via USB using the H9 Control app?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Are you sure the previous owner deregistered the units?

It is possible to customize the PIN #’s of the H9s, but you can verify the actual serial # by going into the System Settings > Utilities > Serial No.

riuki
      Participant

Yes, i did that. The USB connection is working( the H9 is recognized under the device Manager as H9 Pedal).

When i open the H9 control app under Windows 10 i get the error message: Stompbox communication failed. The stompbox you are connecting to has an invalid serial number.

riuki
      Participant

When i go to Bluetooth PIN it says 1234 and for the Bluetooth Name it says ????.

I’m not sure the previous owner deregistered the devices.

I registered one device because i thought maybe it’s not working because it’s not registered. After registeation it said H9 Max in my account

riuki
      Participant

When i go to>Utilities>Serial number it says -Invalid-

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Send me the serial number of the unit in question.

riuki
      Participant

I have send you an email with the serial numbers

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.