7 strings and baritones

Home Forums Products Stompboxes 7 strings and baritones

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      BillyBoyFloyd
      Participant

The H9 basic configuration has a setting “Source Instrument” to optimize the “algorithms” for use with a bass guitar, standard guitar, etc. I just wondered if Eventide might indicate which is likely to be better suited for:

Seven string with a low B seventh string

Baritone: B – B

and perhap other instruments?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Alas, our bass player is out at the moment nursng his suffering wife, but will reply when he returns.

However, my guess is that he will suggest trial and error – see what works best.

wedelich
        Eventide Staff
        nickrose wrote:

Alas, our bass player is out at the moment nursng his suffering wife, but will reply when he returns.

However, my guess is that he will suggest trial and error – see what works best.

Nick is right, see what works best for you.  However, to my recollection, the "Guitar" setting should be fine for seven string and baritone guitars.  I think this setting takes into account that low guitar B note.  Obviously for a bass or 5 string bass, you'll need to use "Bass" mode.  Note that this really only applies to PitchFactor algorithms, as its main purpose is to condition the pitch tracking for lower notes which need more time to determine the lower frequency (longer wavelength) before they decide on the proper harmonizing voice.  

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.