A/B Confiq Option

Home Forums Products Stompboxes A/B Confiq Option

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Priestunes
      Participant

I posted in the wrong place previously. My question is, using a patch cable, could the second IN in an A/B configuration be the DI Out? Thereby sending the mic input or an instrument to the same amplifier. If so, sold!

JWaltz
      Participant

Hi Priestunes

If you use FX RETURN INPUT jack and the MIC INPUT  or the INST INPUT JACK, you can use FX LOOP Switch to A/B between these two signals to the AMP OUT and DI out.

There is a signal flow diagram in the user guide which shows more routing detail.

http://eventide.com/AudioDivision/Support/Stompboxes/MixingLink.aspx

thanks,

joe waltz

eventide

Priestunes
      Participant

That's cool. What I'm asking, though, is if I exit the DI OUT into the FX RETURN INPUT, can I send via toggling as described above either output to the AMP OUT. It's loopy, but I want to take the MIC IN and route it to the AMP OUT and route the INST INPUT to that same AMP OUT. My thinking is that I'd use an actual patch cord.

JWaltz
      Participant

Hi Priestunes

The INST IN and MIC IN are mixed together and share the GAIN Control.  If you connect the DI OUT with an XLR to 1/4" patch cable to FX RETURN INPUT you will get a direct feedback path… as the DI OUT is the same signal as the AMP OUT minus the OUTPUT LVL control. 

joe

ksnieck

The only way to use the MixingLink as an A/B footswitch is between the Mic, Line or Instrument as the A input and the FX Return as the B input. The DI/Line Out has the same signal as the Amp Out so If you try to loop the DI/Line Out to the FX Return Input you will get feedback and potentially unpleasant sounds.

The From FX Input Impedance is 200k vs the 500k impedance on the Inst Input. If you are planning to connect a guitar as this "B Input" you may loose a bit of tone, but it depends on the guitar.

Priestunes
      Participant

Thanks, guys. Just trying to route my midi gtr and gtr to the same amp. (One instrument, two outputs.) The midi gtr is derived from an iPad/Fishman Triple Play Pickup. With the 3.5 mm input, it's possible the midi gtr could come in as well as the gtr itself thru the inst in, and both out the amp output, but I'm not sure. 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.