- This topic is empty.
September 6, 2011 at 12:12 am #108090gwilson001Member
I recently purchased a PitchFactor and have a couple questions.
1. In Bank mode when a preset is selected, are the factor preset values used when the effect is active (and assuming the knobs have not been touched since activating the effect) or do the current knob positions determine the preset parameter values?
I know the manual states that the parameters are determined by knob position at the time the preset is switched to active but I'm not sure that is true.
2. The latest version of FactorLib has popup window called "Edit Console". This window replicates the knob layout of what ever factor box you have hooked up to the computer. You first highlight an effect then open the console – The position of the knobs does not replicate the physical position of the knobs on the pedal. Is the position of the knobs shown in the console indicate the factory values for the selected effect?
3. Also, what exactly does the "Get" button in the console do? it changes some of the knobs in the console window but does not move the console knobs to the position of the actual knobs on the box. Some explanation of the consolenwould be great if someone knows. The selected effect in FactorLib turns from green to red when the "Get" button is pushed indicating a change to some of the parameter values – not clear on why that happens since I don't fully understand the"Get" function.
Thanks for any help that can be provided.
September 6, 2011 at 3:23 pm #122620nickroseModeratorEventide Staff
are the factor preset values used when the effect is active
If you load a preset and don't touch any knobs, you will get the preset's values. A knob only has an effect if it is moved.
Is the position of the knobs shown in the console
The knob positions usually represent the preset's values but are not always exact. This will be improved in a future (undated) release.
3. Also, what exactly does the "Get" button in the console do?
It gets the current values from the box. As described in the first answer, these may be either preset values or knob values.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.