Ability to hide factory presets? (next version of control)

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Ability to hide factory presets? (next version of control)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      lordradish
      Participant

Hey, all…

Is it possible to hide factory presets from the presets list? I know we can’t delete them, but, I suspect there’s quite a few of us that pretty much use one or two of them and then just use our own. It’d make navigation a heck of a lot easier if we had the ability to hide them. Not a “hide all factory presets button” (because we certainly use some of them, or even many). Maybe something that lets you hide them individually (and lets you unhide all with a click of a button).

Is there already some function like this? If not, is it doable in a future version of H9 Control?

Thanks,.

lordradish
      Participant

Bumping, on the hopes that this one just got overlooked by the Eventide folks.

gkellum
        Participant
        lordradish wrote:

Bumping, on the hopes that this one just got overlooked by the Eventide folks.

Sorry we didn't respond to your first post.  We've been thinking about this… This request has come up before.  The problem with hiding all of the factory presets is that you might not have any user presets for a particular algorithm, and if you hide all of the factory presets, there won't be anything to load…

We get the problem that you're describing but that might not be the best solution. We've been talking about creating an online preset sharing service, and when we get to that, maybe the thing to do would be to have just one single factory preset and otherwise let people choose what presets they want to download and install.  We could still offer all of the existing factory presets through the service, but when downloaded and installed, they'd become user presets so that you could change them or delete them.  

lordradish
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

Sorry we didn’t respond to your first post.  We’ve been thinking about this… This request has come up before.  The problem with hiding all of the factory presets is that you might not have any user presets for a particular algorithm, and if you hide all of the factory presets, there won’t be anything to load…

We get the problem that you’re describing but that might not be the best solution. We’ve been talking about creating an online preset sharing service, and when we get to that, maybe the thing to do would be to have just one single factory preset and otherwise let people choose what presets they want to download and install.  We could still offer all of the existing factory presets through the service, but when downloaded and installed, they’d become user presets so that you could change them or delete them.  

I don’t think that problem you mention is that big of a deal… If someone doesn’t have any user presets, I don’t see why they’d want to hide the factory ones, to begin with. You could also have it algorithm specific, that way if there’s one that people use a lot of factory presets, they could keep them visible., You could also have a “hide all factory presets” option, in conjuction with one that lets you hide individual ones.Your solution could work, too, I suppose, but it might keep things simpler if it didn’t add another step of having to go download something.

Thanks for responding.

dmessick
      Participant

I think an online database to download factory presets from would be a great idea! Especially if it was accessable from H9 Control. Although I like going through the factory presets for inspiration and education on the different tones the H9 is capable of, it would be nice to thin the herd a little bit to make developing preset lists easier. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.