Ableton as a MIDI controller for H9 and Line 6 M5

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Ableton as a MIDI controller for H9 and Line 6 M5

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      teabandito
      Participant

I have a problem and really don’t know what to do here. I adjusted Ableton Live to MIDI control my H9 via USB. But as we all know, when usb cable is plugged into the pedal, all other midi ports are turned off. Is there any way to make H9 transmit midi commands to Line 6 M5 even with usb cable in it? Maybe somebody had success transmitting midi commands from Ableton to H9 via Bluetooth? Solutions? Anybody made it work this way?  Thanks!

metro6audio
      Participant
      teabandito wrote:

I have a problem and really don’t know what to do here. I adjusted Ableton Live to MIDI control my H9 via USB. But as we all know, when usb cable is plugged into the pedal, all other midi ports are turned off. Is there any way to make H9 transmit midi commands to Line 6 M5 even with usb cable in it? Maybe somebody had success transmitting midi commands from Ableton to H9 via Bluetooth? Solutions? Anybody made it work this way?  Thanks!

BT seems to be flakey on my Mac (but it’s old, pre-BTLE). A USB->MIDI interface is probably the most stable choice for what you’re doing.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.