Active light on but no effect…

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Active light on but no effect…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      tubwompus

Howdy.
      I have 4 H9’s on my board.
      When I power up my power supply (Strymon Zuma), my first H9 in the chain (incidentally, it’s also my guitar input into the board) is set to “Shimmer” as it’s default when powering up. When I step on it to activate it, even though the “active” light comes on, there’s no effect. Any thoughts would be gratefully welcomed.
      Thank you very much in advance.

BTW that particular H9 has the Barn3 addition, in case that has an effect on anyone’s thoughts.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Unsurprisingly, my first idea would be to suspect the power supplies.

To put this one to rest, why not temporarily use the Eventide supplies, and see if it makes a difference ? Not hard to do.

tubwompus

Ok, I’ll check it out. Thanks very much.
      I bought the Zuma upon the recommendation of my guy at Sweetwater after I sent him a pic of my pedalboard. Perhaps there was an error made.
      Also, in case it may be useful in diagnosing: I neglected to initially mention that once I accessed that particular H9 through Bluetooth after powering it up, it WOULD then generate the audible effect, just not upon initial power-up. The other three H9’s have performed normally.

Thanks again.

camn
      Participant

Also–what’s your whole setup? Especially.. do you have any MIDI controllers or anything?

While you are checking your power supply.. youmight just wanna pull the H9 and run it all by itself- see if the problem persists.

tubwompus

…let’s see if take 2 goes any better.
      (No midi boxes or anything, BTW. Thanks very much for contributing to this thread.)

camn
      Participant

So.. Just some speculation..

A- the patch you load into. Shimmer. If you power on into some different patch.. Does the problem persist?

B- how do you get it to always power up into Shimmer? Mine powers up with whatever I left it on previously. Do you set it to that patch before you turn it off every time?

tubwompus

Regarding A.), I’m embarrassed to say that I’ve not tried that. Gonna spend years growing into this stuff, methinx.

As far as B.), they always power up at the same patch as what they were set to when last powered down.

Thanks very much for your input.

tubwompus

Sorry for my redundancy. Currently, the first H9 in the chain is always set to Shimmer.

camn
      Participant

Whoa you never change the effect!

OK, then.. Now I am fascinated. What are the Barn3 switches setup to do?

tubwompus

Currently, they’re just inc/dec through my chained patches while the on-boards do the same but through the patches overall. The Tesla on the bottom left corner is set up to toggle in and of tuner/mute. Handy, for example, to cut off the Shimmer to a dead-stop within a song (right now, I only use it for that function in “Verb To Love” by Todd Rundgren.) but it’s seriously handy to quickly and silently get back in tune.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.