AD/DA Conversion specifications for Stompboxes

Home Forums Products Stompboxes AD/DA Conversion specifications for Stompboxes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Stax_911
      Participant
      Hello !

I don’t find anywhere informations about the AD/DA conversion in my Pichfactor and H9.

I am wondering what is bit depth of AD/DA on these stomboxes ?

Samples rates ? 

44,1 khz, 48 or 96 Khz ?

24 bits, 32 bits… ?

Thank you for the informations, they could be very useful.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Conversion is 24 bit. Sample rate varies. Be aware that these are guitar pedals, so the overall sound is more important than the digital stuff.

Stax_911
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

Conversion is 24 bit. Sample rate varies. Be aware that these are guitar pedals, so the overall sound is more important than the digital stuff.

Thank you for your answer. But as far as I am using these stompboxes with saxophones the conversion process has a great importance in order to respect the original sound especially with harmonizer, reverbs, delays…

Is it possible to have an idea of the sample rate with some classic effects as Hall reverb, Diatonic harmonizer, Vintage and Digital delay, looper… ?

Thank you 

Stax_911
      Participant

uP !

Given To Fly
      Participant

If I had to guess, the converters in the PitchFactor and Space would be of higher quality simply because accurate pitch shifting and accurate (or inaccurate) reverberation require higher quality conversion. They also cost $100 more than the TimeFactor and ModFactor which is probably more of an indicator than anything my ears can hear. I may be completely wrong though. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.