Airplane Hanger H90 Preset-how to activate Freeze

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Airplane Hanger H90 Preset-how to activate Freeze

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      rck
      Participant

I am struggling and can’t figure out (after spending quite a bit of time) how to program the Freeze function on the attached pic Airplane Hangar Preset. I had it programmed with the H9 while using my MIDI controller (Disaster Area DPC-5) where I could set access the Freeze function on the DPC-5 which I believe is a latching footswitch function as I would have to hold down the DPC-5 footswitch to activate it. While I am trying to figure out to do that with the DPC-5 and have a support ticket with Disaster Area currently to do that, I can’t figure out how to program the Freeze function on the H90 itself.

Direction and Thoughts?

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hi rck, this algorithm doesn’t have a dedicated FREEZE function. Are you sure it was not a setting that simply raised the Feedback parameter significantly? Neither the H9 or H90 algorithm show a freeze setting. Can you see on your H9 what parameter the MIDI controller was controlling?

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

It sounds like you are referring to the “Repeat” performance parameter of the Multitap algorithm. This can be a latching or momentary parameter.

The performance parameters can be accessed in Perform Mode. If the Multitap algorithm is being used for Preset A, you’ll have to press the A LED button to cycle through the performance parameters. This can also be selected from H90 Control by clicking the “Control Assignments” tab. You can map the function to your MIDI controller using the “Performance Parameter Mapping” window.

https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.1.4/content/play-modes/perform.html#performance-parameters

baco
      Participant

Good afternoon my friend, I’m from Brazil, I believe it’s like this, if the effect has the Freeze function you can put it without problems, see the attachment.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
        joecozzi
        Eventide Staff

Thanks for the response, but Freeze is not available on the Multitap Delay algorithm. In your pic, you are using Prism Shift, which does have Freeze. Nonetheless, that Control Assignments page you show is where they need to go to map MIDI CC#’s to the Repeat function.

rck
      Participant

Thank you Joe and tbskoglund,

It was the Repeat performance parameter rather then a Freeze function that I was referring to and trying to access (pardon error and my ignorance) and that I was controlling using a latching function on my MIDI controller (Disaster Area DPC-5).

Which for anyone else that has an older generation DPC-5 (no screen), I discovered that CC#2 will access the Repeat latching function while in DPC-5 Midi mode and pressing the footswitch 2nd from right which was the same for previous devices, if that parameter is programmed per the above instructions.

Success! Eventide is killing it with the nice job of providing quick and thorough support. Kudos gents.

I am slowly nailing down all the functions I used to access with my H9 for the H90 using the DPC-5!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.