Algorithm bugs!

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Algorithm bugs!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      newphobia

I have experienced serveral bugs in some of the algorithms.
      If you use the Diatonic algorithm and use the preset called "Storyteller", the preset should have a pitch A (+5th) and a pitch B (+3rd).
      The problem is that i only get the +5th! The +3rd suddenly disappeared?? So in the pitch mix, when i isolate the +3rd, there is nothing, only clean tone!

Same problem occurs in the Quadrovox algorithm. Here it only plays two of the four programmable pitches (in my case only B and D.) So again in the pitch mix, if i isolate AC, there is nothing…..

What can I do? And have anyone other than me experienced this?

Matt 

gkellum
      Participant

Are you using these algorithms on an H9 or a PitchFactor?  You tagged your post with H9.  So, I assume on the H9 but it would be good to verify that.  Also, what version of the software do you have installed on your Eventide device?

gkellum
      Participant

One more thing… Do you have two cables connected to your device?  B/c if the device is running to stereo outputs, it might put one voice in one output and another voice in the other.

h9controller
      Eventide Staff

Hey newphobia,

I can confirm If you have stereo outputs connected, the Diatonic algorithm will output pitch B on the right side only.  Could this be the issue you're seeing?

As well, Quadravox will do the same for pitches B and D.

Let us know!

h9controller
      Eventide Staff

Just to clarify my last post,

I was using input 1 (left) as a mono input and running both outputs 1 & 2 for stereo operation.  This is when Pitch B in Diatonic will be routed to output 2 (right) ONLY.  Pitch A will ONLY be routed to output 1 (left) as well. Quadravox will respond similarly.

This is by design, expected behavior of the H9.

newphobia

The problem has been solved. By accident i connected a mono Jack to output 2 instead of output 1, so you are absolutely right – it was the stereo output… Rookie mistake!

Thank you very much for the fast reply! Luckily nothing was wrong with my beloved H9!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.