Algorithm purchasing impossible!!

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Algorithm purchasing impossible!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      MrT
      Participant

Being from Australia I can't purchase algorithms through the computer interface (so annoying) so I have to do it through iTunes on my phone. I have done this once before with no issues, but this time it would not allow me to purchase. I tried 4 times. It allowed me to enter all my credit card details etc. then on the last screen it said "cannot purchase blah blah" then "cannot connect to iTunes store". Then to my horror, after checking my bank statement it has withdrawn $1 for each try (total $4)! Thanks a lot Eventide, I can't purchase an algorithm and have lost money trying!! No idea what to do now….

gkellum
      Participant

MrT:

this time it would not allow me to purchase. I tried 4 times. It allowed me to enter all my credit card details etc. then on the last screen it said "cannot purchase blah blah" then "cannot connect to iTunes store".

I just made a bunch of test purchases on our server, and everything is working fine on our end. You should check your internet connect; make sure you can reach itunesconnect.apple.com for example. And possibly check the payment information you entered with Apple.

MrT:

Then to my horror, after checking my bank statement it has withdrawn $1 for each try (total $4)! Thanks a lot Eventide, I can't purchase an algorithm and have lost money trying!! No idea what to do now….

There's no way Apple would charge you $1 for trying to buy something.  You might want to contact your bank and see what those charges were about.

MrT
      Participant

thanks for the reply.. Definately nothing wrong with the Internet connection, was on the net all day.. And bank details has four $1 transactions 'pending ' nit sure what that means yet.. Will check again tomorrow.. Maybe some kind of holding process as the payment didn't go through 

MrT
      Participant

After two days of dealing with Apple, my problem was finally resolved. Seems as though the process rejected my credit card this time for some reason (it was fine the last time). I used a different card and it went through. I also discovered that there IS a $1 surcharge for the transaction (makes the total purchase price of an Algorithm $26 in AU) so each time I previously tried it held $1. This is supposed to 'disappear' after the purchase actually goes through.  So apologies to Eventide, although I still don't see why we can't but straight from the computer and have to go through iTunes! Very frustrating going through 2 days of phones calls/trail and error to get an Algorithm!  

madmac
      Participant

MrT:

I also discovered that there IS a $1 surcharge for the transaction (makes the total purchase price of an Algorithm $26 in AU) so each time I previously tried it held $1. This is supposed to 'disappear' after the purchase actually goes through.

That's odd I purchased 2 x alogorythms on the 9th Jan through iTunes (ios) and was only charged $24.99 AUD each.  Mine went through straight away?  Is that your bank charging the extra fees?  

Even if we were able to buy through Amazon with the AUS dollar going down its really only $0.99c difference.

Yeah it would be nice if we could purchase through iTunes on desktop as well but not really a big drama..

gkellum
      Participant

madmac:

Yeah it would be nice if we could purchase through iTunes on desktop as well but not really a big drama..

The problem with adding iTunes purchasing on desktops is that Apple wouldn't also allow us to use Amazon Payments on the Mac if we did that, and since we had to add Amazon Payments support anyway for Windows, it didn't seem worth it. But having said that, Amazon is phasing out the payment system we're currently using. So, we'll probably switch over to paypal anyway on desktop sometime in the next six months, which will be a good thing for people having trouble using Amazon payments.

MrT
      Participant

Thanks for that madmac.. Yeah itunes holds $1 for some stupid reason, then when the transaction comes through it's credited back, so yes I only paid the $25 in the end… Must be a better way!

MrT
      Participant

Good to hear! Paypal would be so much easier!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.