Amazing sound on eventide H9 video – HELP

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Amazing sound on eventide H9 video – HELP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      gng2012

Hi All

New to the eventide H9. I saw this video on you tube and was wondering how this sound was created

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KKH2UHk3-2Q

It’s really amazing any help would be appreciated

Thanks

gkellum
      Participant
      gng2012 wrote:

New to the eventide H9. I saw this video on you tube and was wondering how this sound was created

That's the Crystals algorithm.  He might just be using the first factory preset 'Classic Crystals'.

There are more audio examples of Crystals on its algorithm page: https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/algorithms/crystals

gng2012 wrote:
      Hi All New to the eventide H9. I saw this video on you tube and was wondering how this sound was created https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KKH2UHk3-2Q It’s really amazing any help would be appreciated Thanks

Note he also has an aux. switch mapped to the Performance/Flex switch to raise an octave for the ending part.

gng2012

Hi Guys

Thank you for your suggestion definitely going to play around with those.

whenever I listen to that clip I get this vibe that the effect is pulsing just wondering if you guys pick that up

and if so, is there an easy way to tweek the effect to add that feel to it

Thanks

joinpobob
        gng2012 wrote:
        Hi Guys Thank you for your suggestion definitely going to play around with those. whenever I listen to that clip I get this vibe that the effect is pulsing just wondering if you guys pick that up and if so, is there an easy way to tweek the effect to add that feel to it Thanks

I hear some “pulsing” in the first half, before he kicks in the super high octaves.  I think the pulsing that you hear is from him plucking the strings say in 1/4 notes rather than holding them for whole notes.  I think the mix is not at 100% so you are just hearing the natural bass coming through.  Then when he kicks in the super high octaves he is playing leggato style so the pulsing goes away.   

Cello34

Hi Gang!

Sorry Took me so Long to respond! I did in fact use Crystals, Time Factor and Digitech Whammy for the Octave up.Effect. An Expression pedal on Pitch will definitely yield same Whammy type effect, however I had the Pitch tied up….

Cello34

Hi Gang!

Sorry Took me so Long to respond! I did in fact use Crystals, Time Factor and Digitech Whammy for the Octave up.Effect. An Expression pedal on Pitch will definitely yield same Whammy type effect, however I had the Pitch tied up….

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.