Another H90 Routing Question

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Another H90 Routing Question

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      WrendorWC
      Participant

Hi all,

I’m still waiting on my H90 to arrive, and am planning out how my revised pedalboard will be routed in the meantime.

I’ve currently got a compressor and a bunch of drives going into the front end of an HX Stomp, and out of the Stomp into a Source Audio Collider (and into my Interface/PA).  So it’s Compressor -> Drive Pedals -> Stomp -> Collider -> Interface.  The H90 will be replacing the Collider on my board, and I had initially thought to use it in pre/post mode, with the front end of the H90 going between the drive pedals and the input of the Stomp, and the back end of the H90 connecting to the output of the Stomp.  Which would be Compressor -> Drive Pedals -> H90 -> Stomp -> H90 -> Interface.

Is there any functional difference or benefits to doing it the way I have described above, vs. using the H90 in insert mode, and putting the Stomp in as an insert?  So it would be drive pedals -> H90 -> DAW, with the HX Stomp connected as a stereo insert?

Thank you in advance.  For some reason all of the routing options make my head spin, so I hope what I’ve written above was clear!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hi WrendorWC,

You have a really solid plan. Connecting the H90 using Dual mode in pre/post will give you the most flexibility with post cab effects, since you can have a program with two presets in the post path. You could even go one step further and put the H90’s pre path in the HX Stomp’s effect loop in case you ever wanted to use an Eventide algorithm before or after any of the Stomp’s processing. You’ll have to always keep the Stomp’s FX loop engaged on the Stomp though.

WrendorWC
      Participant

Hi WrendorWC, You have a really solid plan. Connecting the H90 using Dual mode in pre/post will give you the most flexibility with post cab effects, since you can have a program with two presets in the post path. You could even go one step further and put the H90’s pre path in the HX Stomp’s effect loop in case you ever wanted to use an Eventide algorithm before or after any of the Stomp’s processing. You’ll have to always keep the Stomp’s FX loop engaged on the Stomp though.

Great, thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.