Another live (ambient) one: Chapman Stick using Space + PitchFactor

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Another live (ambient) one: Chapman Stick using Space + PitchFactor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Har
      Participant

Hey all!

I'll did another live solo long-form (67+ minutes) ambient improv performance on June 12th on my weekly online radio show, Nightscaping, on Stillstream.com, this time performed on my 10-string Chapman Stick – once again featuring Space along with my Pitchfactor in tandem with a slew of other goodies. I have the link for downloading below. 

This time around I was definitely aiming for a dark, desolate and foreboding atmosphere and the combination of Space and PitchFactor definitely helped deliver the goods! 
      (and OK, I'll admit it: I've become a sucker for tweaking Space's "Nero Ascending" preset Wink… ) 

I also did something a little different this time, and avoided any looping whatsoever – this was played straight through from start to finish. I use a very deep tuning type on the Chapman Stick that allows you to bottom out on a low Bb, which really helped shape the ominous feel (bwahahahahaa! Devil).

Along with the Chapman Stick, I used the Pitchfactor, Space and an array of other units – as always: no synths, samplers or MIDI pickups, just the sound of the instrument itself being tapped, thumped with fists, scraped along its strings and generally processed to death beyond recognition. 🙂

In case anyone would like to hear it, I have the live set now available to download from the Stillstream Archives at the link below:

http://stillstream.com/assets/2011-06-12-Har_Live_On_Nightscaping.mp3

BTW: next month I'll be performing some of this kind of stuff in an actual real, live venue – the Kansas City Electro-Music Festival – both as a solo dark-ambient performance and with my recording band, Christus & The Cosmonaughts. And to add to the Eventide-ness: I'll be borrowing my synth player Scot Solida's old DSP4000 to further process the Space and PitchFactor (and everything else!) and help make things even more fun. 🙂

Stop on by if you're in the area! Info on the event here (I'll be performing on Saturday July 23rd):

http://www.kevinkissinger.com/kcregionalem2011.shtml

Enjoy! Smile

–Har

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

nice!

thanks for sharingBeer

Har
      Participant

Thanks badmelonfarmer! Smile

timothyhill

Parkville, huh? Nice town and not terribly far from my neck of the woods. If I have the time, I'll stop by and say Hi!

Har
      Participant

Tim: that would be awesome! Look forward to possible meeting you there. Smile

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.