Another live (ambient) one using Space and PF…

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Another live (ambient) one using Space and PF…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Har
      Participant

Hey all!

I'll did another live solo long-form (59+ minutes) ambient guitar improv performance on Sunday night on my weekly online radio show, Nightscaping, on Stillstream.com – once again featuring Space along with my Pitchfactor in tandem with a slew of other goodies. I have the link for downloading below. 

The overall mood of the soundscape tended to be a bit more dark, eerie and moody  this time around…though roughly around the 30:00 mark I switched into a much more serene, gentle and pastoral feel through to the end.

This time around I worked up a new preset for Space (as opposed to last time, where I was only tweaking the factory ones on the fly). I've felt that the TremoloVerb algo seems somewhat under-represented within the factory presets aside from a few that seem to mainly focus on spastic/quasi-gargling tones using S/H and RANDOM waveforms.

I've always thought it had real potential for something a bit more rhythmic, so worked up a relatively simple one that's essentially just a gonzo-sized reverb using the RAMP waveform set to 1/4 note stereo pulses. You can hear it start out rather subtly around the 8:45 mark and builds up over time towards a more intense semi-stuttering/gated tone – I found TremoloVerb PERFECT for creating these kinds of rhythmic textures. So much so, that I've decided to probably sell my dedicated tremolo pedal. Space's tremolos totally kicks its azz. Cool

I also did a bit of the "Random Preset Dance" whilst playing – you know: "Let's see…(click click click)…'Hell's Gate'…OK, let's try that one!" Wink

This was also the first time I sync'd up the Space and PitchFactor's BPM's using MIDI clock as explained in the Eventide instructional videos…worked wonderfully.

I also reversed the order between Space and my Boss DD-20 that I use for long looping copmpared to the last one I played a few weeks ago, with much more satisfactory results this time around: I now have Space going into the DD-20 instead of the other way around, so I can now change presets on Space without changing the sound of EVERYTHING looping 'round and 'round in the DD-20 like it was before. LOL

(and speaking of which: I'm really appreciating Space's preset spillover functions more and more for this kind of thing!)

I used my Schecter Tempest Blackjack (loaded with Seymour Duncan JB and 59 pickups), the Pitchfactor, SPACE and an array of other units – no synths, samplers or MIDI pickups, just the sound of the guitar itself processed to death beyond recognition. 🙂

In case anyone would like to hear it, I have the live set now available to download from the Stillstream Archives at the link below:

http://stillstream.com/assets/2011-04-24-Har_Live_On_Nightscaping.mp3

(and yes, I am available for gloomy parties, film scores, weird documentary music, Goth Bar Mitzvahs… Wink)

Enjoy! Smile

–Har

caveman
      Participant

Amazing.  Really enjoyed it.

Har
      Participant

Thanks caveman! 🙂

zikamuricpe

Very nice soundscapes! Reassuring and healing. And very creative using of Factors, of course! Great work Har!

Har
      Participant

Thanks zikamuricpe, glad you enjoyed it! 🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.