Another routing question (with line mixer)

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Another routing question (with line mixer)

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Tokyo tapes
      Participant

I don’t know if this has been covered but I will use the H90 with a Line mixer (Musicom Lab Parallelizer) and have two scenarios and wonder if it’s doable.

Scenario A: I think is a no brainer and looks like this:

Guitar -> In 1 -> H90A -> Out 3 -> mixer input (mono) -> Send from mixer -> In 3 (Mono) -> H90B -> Out 1 and 2  -> mixer return L/R (Stereo)

Scenario B: This is perhaps more difficult. I’d like to have a straight path from input 1 to Out 3 without any digital conversions still with the same cabling from Scenario A

Guitar -> In 1 -> Out 3 -> mixer Input (Mono) -> Send from mixer -> In 3 (Mono) -> H90A / H90B in series or parallel -> Out 1 and 2 -> mixer return L/R (Stereo)

So the clincher in Scenario B is if it’s possible to have a straight path from Input 1 to Output 3 without any digital conversions and would it be possible to have these 2 scenarios programable on a per preset basis?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Scenario A: Guitar -> In 1 -> H90A -> Out 3 -> mixer input (mono) -> Send from mixer -> In 3 (Mono) -> H90B -> Out 1 and 2 -> mixer return L/R (Stereo)

Just so I have it clear, here you route the first algorithm before the Parallelizer, and then you have the second algorithm inside the Parallelizer. This seems like it would work. You have to make sure Insert 1 is always on. It may be easier to do this using Dual Routing Mode, if you don’t require use of the second insert.

Scenario B: I’d like to have a straight path from input 1 to Out 3 without any digital conversions still with the same cabling from Scenario A Guitar -> In 1 -> Out 3 -> mixer Input (Mono) -> Send from mixer -> In 3 (Mono) -> H90A / H90B in series or parallel -> Out 1 and 2 -> mixer return L/R (Stereo) So the clincher in Scenario B is if it’s possible to have a straight path from Input 1 to Output 3 without any digital conversions and would it be possible to have these 2 scenarios programable on a per preset basis?

Routing signal from In 1 to Out 3 happens without conversion automatically. This assumes you’re using H90’s Insert 1 to send signal to the Parallelizer via Out 3. However, if you have both algorithms in series or parallel in the loop going into the Parallelizer, in other words post Insert 1, then the signal from H90 Insert 1’s send will be converted from D/A as it goes into the Parallelizer and from A/D as it comes back to H90 from the Parallelizer’s send.

Yes, it is possible to have those two scenarios stored as individual Programs on the H90. You control where the Insert point appears along the signal chain in the H90.

Tokyo tapes
      Participant

Yes, the first algorithm is before the mixer in Scenario A and I’m not planning to use the second insert in any of the scenarios.

I have no troubles having the signal converted once the H90 is in the mixer loop but the signal going to the mixer input from Out 3 is the dry signal from the guitar in Scenario B so I don’t want any conversions and as little coloration as possible.

So both scenarios is possible with no recabling, only internal patching in the H90?

Another question: In scenario A, Is it possible to have the first algorithm with a regular internal mix of wet/dry while the second algorithm is set on Kill Dry, due to it being in the mixer loop?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

I have no troubles having the signal converted once the H90 is in the mixer loop but the signal going to the mixer input from Out 3 is the dry signal from the guitar in Scenario B so I don’t want any conversions and as little coloration as possible.

So that it’s clear, the moment you connect a guitar to Input 1 of H90, the signal gets converted A/D while the H90 Program is active; the signal gets sent directly to Out 3, where it’s converted D/A on its way to the Parallelizer.

So both scenarios is possible with no recabling, only internal patching in the H90?

Yes.

Another question: In scenario A, Is it possible to have the first algorithm with a regular internal mix of wet/dry while the second algorithm is set on Kill Dry, due to it being in the mixer loop?

Yes.

Tokyo tapes
      Participant

Ok, I thought you said it went from In 1 to Out 3 without A/D D/A conversion or was that only if the H90 is activated? Is that true even if you put both alorithms after, In 3?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Once it’s inside of the H90 it gets routed automatically to Out 3 if Insert 1 is placed in the signal path. I did not understand the question to suggest you wanted a dry path directly to Out 3 after connecting to the H90’s input. Glad, I clarified.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.