Any Good Reverb

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Any Good Reverb

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      rdavles81

Hi, I am looking for a nice reverb, something not excessive just to add some colour to my solos..
      any idea or suggestion? 

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Are you talking about H9 or Space?

Reason I ask, for solo colour and thickening, I would tend to think or using a little delay rather than reverb … reverb can get a little lost in the live mix for that use… it can work …but I find it a little harder to dial in properly and it tends to vary widely with different rooms and musicians.

a little bit of delay with modulation to taste helps … if you can run in stereo then a ping pong delay can work well as can a delay with a slight delay of say 7ms

trick is to keep things subtle … make it so it almost not noticeable as a delay until you turn it off … then you notice how much it is actually adding

rdavles81

thanks mate, it's for the H9.
      I currently have brat delay settings and I would like to have a Reverb with people's help as I would like to have all possible stuff to test and use..

Cheers

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

What sort of music are you playing?

Thinking out loud, without knowing what style….. TremoloVerb? To give you a bit of movement? shimmer can also work in some instances.

rdavles81

Thanks mate and true, I normally play Queen, that means a fully cranked AC30 with a TB on top of that to get that Brian May's distorted tone.

I have tried to do something with the Hall effect but I am terrible settling all parameters.

My idea is just add a little bit of queue to the sound to make it smoother if that makes sense to you …

Thanks.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Hopefully someone can chime in who has more Brian May knowledge than me.

i do not think of massive reverb when I hear Brian May, probably a "Room" reverb would be most suitable as that is more of a "You don't miss it till you turn it off" reverb, it can get quite subtle… But you can probably tame Hall quite a bit to be like that.

which Space algorithms do you have on your H9? I might be able to point you in the direction of a preset…. Then we can try and help you tweak it to your taste

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Hi, 

I had a quick look last night and "CARNEGIE HALL" in the "Hall" algorithm might work for you, if you turn the "mix", "size" and possibly "High Level" to taste

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.