Any H9 algorithm like a simple amp with effect?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Any H9 algorithm like a simple amp with effect?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      joegrant413
      Participant

I’m going to jam at a backyard party with my 6 string electric, and I’m thinking of bring the H9 Max instead of my old Digitech RP-1000.

Not asking for much, something like a slightly overdriven amp with a modest effect. I’m guessing Crushstation or Pitchfuzz, dialing things back considerably for a simple sound.

Any thoughts? 

Thx,

– Joe

P.S. I also got a Joyo American Sound pedal, which does a good clean amp. But if I go two pedals, I probably would just grab the Digitech instead.

Given To Fly
      Participant

The party is probably over by now, but the question is still a good one. I would bring what you are familiar with. The H9 is not the kind of pedal you want to learn on the fly. With that said, I would go with Sculpt because the tonal potential is vast but useful. The only effect you get is a filter (wah, envelope filter) and an expression pedal is almost required to take full advantage of Sculpt’s capabilities. 

As much as I like Eventide and their pedals, they are not simple, powerful, but not simple. Time needs to be spent organizing the H9 to suit your needs. The Digitech RP-1000 is a guitar rig built into a floorboard and is relatively intuitive to use. If you know the unit well, that is what determines “simple” to me.  

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.