Any horn players using Pitchfactor?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Any horn players using Pitchfactor?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Bob_B

I’m a sax player and  just started playing around with pitchfactor. I’d like to hear from fellow horn players about what setting they’re using. Any suggestions on good places to begin experimenting? Thanks.

hayes greenfield
      Participant
      Bob_B wrote:

I’m a sax player and  just started playing around with pitchfactor. I’d like to hear from fellow horn players about what setting they’re using. Any suggestions on good places to begin experimenting? Thanks.

Hi Bob, I’ve been using it for a few years now, absolutely love it and use it for a lot of things.  Which sax do you play? I mostly play alto and C melody Sax.  Something that I found useful is to set the sourse instrument that works the best for you. It has 4 types of Source Instruments that you can choose from – GUITAR, BASS, SYNLEAD, SYNBASS. look at the manual for this.  I forget which one I use but I recently switched it and feel it responds better.

In terms of where to begin start with Diatonic, pick a key you want to play in, set two different intervals, the mount you want to hear of each note in relation to the note you are playing and blow a bit.  Then mess with the delay for each interval and their feedback.  Then play with the types of scales.  Then do this is the Quadrovox setting and that will really blow your mind. 

There is tons of stuff I’m still trying to figure o

ut and get to. It’s really an extraordinary box and has tremendous depth and range.  In many ways I feel I’m just scratching the surface of what it does and I’ve had it for 3 or 4 years and use it all the time.  I recently just started using one of the patches in the Synthesizer mode and love it.  Go figure.

Good luck with it!

Hayes

Bob_B

Thanks for the reply. I didn’t know about that Source Instrument setting. I’ll have to experiment with it and see what happens. My main horn is a tenor sax, but I also double on soprano, and on rare occasions alto. I’m new to electronic processing of my sound, so I’m really working my way up from knowing nothing.

Bob

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.