Any idea how to do this

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Any idea how to do this

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Firstly I apologise for my general ignorance in this area, I may well be asking a very dumb question.

Im looking to get an effect similar to that 'trance' type sound on the main keyboard riff on the chorus section of rihannas 'only girl in the world'. To my ears it sounds like some sort of detune effect that is moving around a bit, but as I said Im very inexperienced in effects.

I would love to try to do that sort of thing to a crunchy guitar sound but have absolutely no idea where to start on the effects side so any general pointers would be very greatly appreciated.

I have all the factor pedals except the space.

achaput

Hello,

If you have those three pedals  you could probably get something close with a combination of the them. Connect them like  Guitar -> PF -> MF -> TF.

For the Chorus sound try this-

Put PitchFactor on Factory Preset 6:1. Change the key to D MAJ for the Rihanna song)

Put ModFactor on Factory Preset 6:2

Put TimeFactor on Factory Preset 6:2

Play single notes.

For the verse synth sound in that song, try this-

Put PitchFactor on Factory Preset 5:2

Put ModFactor on Factory Preset 5:1

Put TimeFactor on Factory Preset 5:1

-Alan

Wow Alan, what can I say. I was just looking to get in the ball park, but this is just incredible.The verse setting is really nice. The setting for the chorus sound is just incredible. That would work for any number of trance type lead sounds. Thanks very much.

achaput

You're welcome! Glad you like it!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.