Any info on the Power Max?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Any info on the Power Max?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      jlane0710
      Participant

I saw that it was set for release in April 2018. I thought I would at least see it for pre-order by now. Any updated availability information?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      jlane0710 wrote:
      I saw that it was set for release in April 2018. I thought I would at least see it for pre-order by now. Any updated availability information?

You should be able to find pre-order by just googling "Eventide PowerMax". 

jlane0710
      Participant

I think that B&H search result is new or I just flat out overlooked it when I Googled the PowerMax. Anyway thanks for highlighting it.

gkellum
      Participant
      jlane0710 wrote:

I think the release is likely going to be in May, not April at this point. 

dcoughlan
        gkellum wrote:

jlane0710 wrote:

I think the release is likely going to be in May, not April at this point. 

Is May still the target? 

rmaxwell

Hi,

Due to some required changes to the circuit board to meet compliance testing requirements, the availability has been pushed back to June. Sorry for the delay but we believe it will be worth the wait 😉

dcoughlan

Any update on release?

tyreeyoung
      Participant

Any word on the powerMax shipping?  I see it didn’t make the Auguest ship out.

Jeremyhoegee
        Participant
        tyreeyoung wrote:

Any word on the powerMax shipping?  I see it didn’t make the Auguest ship out.

Very curious to know this too. Been (im)patiently waiting since the NAMM announcement as I’m planning on grabbing one of these to finish my board.

dcoughlan

Checking in. Any update? A post on the Cioks page makes it sound like the units are available, but I can’t seem to find them in stock anywhere. 

Jman2089

I just bought a powermax for my board. I do have a question. If I am correct even though it puts out 660 ma on a channel, but it should only draw the amps needed for those plugged into the channel correct? Example. Shure glxd 16 draws 250-400 ma. So it should draw only what it needs from the outlet. Yes? Or is it a constant 660. If it is I’ll have to make a return. Should have checked first

dcoughlan
        Jman2089 wrote:
        I just bought a powermax for my board. I do have a question. If I am correct even though it puts out 660 ma on a channel, but it should only draw the amps needed for those plugged into the channel correct? Example. Shure glxd 16 draws 250-400 ma. So it should draw only what it needs from the outlet. Yes? Or is it a constant 660. If it is I’ll have to make a return. Should have checked first

Unless the PowerMax operates very differently from all other PSUs, the rating can be considered a maximum load, the specific device plugged in will only draw what it needs from the 660

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The 660mA is a maximum (it's hard to force equipment to take more power than it wants).

So, don't worry. As long as the voltage is correct and you take less than the max current, things will be fine.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.