Any tips for setting up latency for H90’s insert loops?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Any tips for setting up latency for H90’s insert loops?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      zhensun
      Participant

Hello everyone,

I am new to using the H90 in insert mode and wonder how to properly set up the latency for H90’s insert loops when using digital devices, specifically the H9 in my case. Can anyone provide some guidance on how many samples I should set for the latency setting for H9? I tried to follow the manual but have not succeeded in making the signal “is silent or as quiet as possible.”

Additionally, I’m curious if the H90’s mixer will work with an H9 that has kill-dry enabled—that way, I won’t need to deal with mixing dry signals.

I appreciate any help or advice on this matter. Thank you in advance!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

I am new to using the H90 in insert mode and wonder how to properly set up the latency for H90’s insert loops when using digital devices, specifically the H9 in my case.

Are you setting the insert mix level to anything but 100%? If not, you don’t need to mess with latency because you’re not mixing any dry signal from the H90 and the H9 together. That could be why you’re not getting silence or a quiet signal if you’re following the directions in the manual for latency.

Additionally, I’m curious if the H90’s mixer will work with an H9 that has kill-dry enabled—that way, I won’t need to deal with mixing dry signals.

The H90’s mixer is agnostic to the H9’s mode. It will mix whatever signal is at the input.

eastern
      Participant

[deleted]

zhensun
      Participant

Thanks. I should’ve mentioned that I place the insert for H9 parallel to the H90 effects.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.