Any way to disable H9 bluetooth password when connecting to Mac?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Any way to disable H9 bluetooth password when connecting to Mac?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      mankid
      Participant

I have three H9 pedals that never leave my studio so they don’t need to be password-protected. Is there a way to disable the password?

Connecting to my MacBook Pro via bluetooth is currently tedious. I have to open bluetooth preferences, remove all the H9s then start the pairing process again, which means they all have to fail before I even get the password option. It usually takes a few tries. Once they’re connected in the bluetooth pref, then I have to connect them individually in H9 Control app. The user flow is unnecessarily complicated/redundant, and it takes me solid 10 minutes before all three pedals are connected via bluetooth. If I could somehow disable the password and have the pedals connect flawlessly (much like the way your mouse, BT headphones/speakers automatically connect after you pair them once), that would save a lot of time. We should be able to power on the pedals and have them connect automatically. At the very least, is there a way to mimic the iPad connecting process? I’m trying to take my iPad out of the equation bc it’s cumbersome to add yet another screen into the already crowded desk. 

Is what I’m describing currently possible? If not, is it something that the Eventide team can add in the future updates? Thanks!

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      mankid wrote:

I have three H9 pedals that never leave my studio so they don't need to be password-protected. Is there a way to disable the password?

Why do you remove all the H9s before pairing them? If you don't remove them, you won't be asked to type in the password.

You can just reconnect to your H9s in H9 Control every time when you want to use them.

mankid
        Participant
        bohan wrote:

Why do you remove all the H9s before pairing them? If you don’t remove them, you won’t be asked to type in the password.

You can just reconnect to your H9s in H9 Control every time when you want to use them.

They don’t show up automatically in the bluetooth dropdown so I have to open the bluetooth pref. From there it shows that none of the pedals are connected but doesn’t offer a way to manually connect unless I remove all the pedals and start the pairing process again. I don’t have to do this with any other bluetooth devices including several headphones, speaker, mouse, keyboard, etc. Is there an easier way to connect via BT on my MacBook Pro? I don’t need to put in the password on my iPad, but it’s a completely different user flow on the MBP.

I’m currently running MacOS 10.14.2 (Movjave) and the latest H9 Control app. My pedals are up to date.

mankid
      Participant

Ok, I figured it out. For some reason after I connect the devices via bluetooth (Device > Connect Device via Bluetooth then browse to connect), the pedals don’t always show up in the H9 Control app. I have to select a different menu item in order for the app to refresh to show all the connected devices. For example, if I connect to a device while on Preset List section of the app, even after a pedal connects, it’ll show that I’m still in demo mode. But if I click on Algorithms, the app will refresh to show the connected device. The app doesn’t auto refresh to show the pedals that are connecting to the app. I just assumed it showed connected pedals automatically hence the reason why I didn’t think they were connecting. 

Bohan, you’re right, I don’t have to remove the pedals in order for the app to recognize them again. Thanks for your help!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.