Any way to see current BPM?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Any way to see current BPM?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      jlearman

My biggest pet peev with th timefactor is that I can't see what BPM i'm currently set at.  Am I missing something? Is there a way to do this?  For instance, I'm playing a song that's in 124….but I remember that last week uped the tempo from 120.  So, I just want to quickly check what setting i'm on.  I don't know of a way to do this…right now I give the aux switch 2 taps, and I see whatever tempo it is that I tapped.  I set the correct tempo and save it.  It's annoying because every time I just want to make sure I'm on the right tempo (or the right patch for that matter…but that's a different subject – this thing needs the ability to name patches) I'm basically guaranteed to have to resave the patch (which is another annoyance, because it takes a looooong time to save).  

Don't get me wrong…I love my timefactor….it's just that it's pretty cumbersome to use for quick changes.  I'm actually thinking about switching back to my dd-20 for church because the above operation is so easy.  look down at LED see tempo, if wrong turn the knob 2 clicks, hit write twice.  Takes 2 seconds….

Any suggestions from you TF pro's?

Oboti

Hi there,

it's quite easy. If you are in Play mode (hold the rightmost switch for two seconds), just tap the switch once to see the current BPM setting. A nice feature: While the BPM value is displayed, you can change it with the Encoder!

To Eventide: I would suggest implementing this feature for the use with an aux switch. Tapping in the tempo while not in Play mode works perfectly, but the one tap – show BPM feature only works in Play mode and ONLY when you use the tap switch on the unit itself.

Gerald

jlearman

Yes…that's what I mean…I'm using an aux switch….and I never put the pedal in play mode…just bank mode or whatever it's called.  I'd also love it if there were a way to change the assigment of the main buttons on the timefactor.  For example, right now I have the the standard button assignments on the TF, but my aux switch has tap tempo, bank down, and expression pedal down.  Is there a way that I could have tap tempo, dly A, and dly B, on the main switches and bank +, bank -, and exp pdl on the AUX?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.