any way to step BACKWARD through banks?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes any way to step BACKWARD through banks?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      siriusbliss

I'm still reading through the manuals, but cannot find any way to be able to step BACKWARDS through the banks in banks mode (or in preset mode) – without using some other external footcontroller to send presets.

I'm currently using Timefactor presets sending to PitchFactor, but would really like to be able to step backwards rather than have to step forward all the way through the (now) 50 banks.

Thanks, I will keep reading manuals, sysex, etc.

Greg

pdouds

i bought one of those digitech 3 button footswitches, and hooked it up, and it works great. i have bank-up,down and tap tempo on the 3 switches.

soata

Hi!

If you have the latest software you will be able so scroll up or down the banks using the encoder knob.

Copy from the release notes:

"Bank Select via Encoder Knob
      In Bank Mode, the Encoder can now be used to select banks in either direction if
      turned within 2 seconds of pressing a bank change footswitch."

Bullfweet
        soata wrote:

Hi!

If you have the latest software you will be able so scroll up or down the banks using the encoder knob.

Copy from the release notes:

"Bank Select via Encoder Knob
        In Bank Mode, the Encoder can now be used to select banks in either direction if
        turned within 2 seconds of pressing a bank change footswitch."

So… now I have to learn how to press the bank change footswitch with my right foot, get my left toes around the encoder within 2 seconds to turn it counter clockwise, then select which one of the 2 presets of the easily selected bank I chose, and I’m set to go…

howieneil

i have a tech 21 midi mouse that lets me bank up, down , and scroll.

siriusbliss

geez, yet one more piece of gear to take up space on the floor Stick out tongue

I'm going see if I can coordinate the preset changes from my other pedals.

Thanks,

Greg

siriusbliss

Yes, I just spotted this last night after downloading the TF update (I've already updated my PF).

So now I have to bend down to scroll downwards?

Plus I'm currently running the TF in preset mode, and driving the preset changes to the PF (bank mode), so now I have to spend time reordering patches anyways in order to get some ergonomics.

Also, is there an update of the TF librarian sysex patch?  The one I found still only has 10 banks.

Thanks again,

Greg

EdDrake
      Participant

siriusbliss:

Also, is there an update of the TF librarian sysex patch?  The one I found still only has 10 banks.

Once you upload the presets that are on your TF back to the librarian you will see all 50 banks in the librarian if you have the new beta software installed on your TF.

siriusbliss

I have the new beta software installed, but after sending the MIDI back from the TF, I only get 46 patches, or 48, or whatever – even after letting the unit send for a while.

Plus I get a patch 1:0, and I thought there was no 1:0 (?)

Also, when copying presets, it would be nice if you could simply swap presets instead of the preset that gets copied over to another position just nudging all the other preset positions.  I'd like to swap the default presets for certain types of delays into banks of ten.  I think it might be faster to swap than to copy.  I may have missed something since I'm still just getting it all worked out.

Thanks

voodoojeff

Maybe I missed something, but my H9 scrolls either way, changing direction by pressing the rotary knob, and it`s a pretty big target. Before I got a controller I was using only the H9 and could scroll up and down as needed without much ado.

voodoojeff
        voodoojeff wrote:

Maybe I missed something, but my H9 scrolls either way, changing direction by pressing the rotary knob, and it`s a pretty big target. Before I got a controller I was using only the H9 and could scroll up and down as needed without much ado.

Sorry guys, had H9 on the brain. Different device, sorry

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.