Any way to transmit midi cc numbers 100-127 from modfactor/space?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Any way to transmit midi cc numbers 100-127 from modfactor/space?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      tbif1
      Participant

Hey,

Forgive me if I have totally misunderstood some basic midi stuff, but here goes.

I currently have a modfactor, a strymon timeline and am hoping to purchase a Space soon.

What I want to be able to do is have an expression pedal plugged into the Space, which then transmits midi expression cc to the timeline and possibly modfactor, so that I am able to change multiple parameters on each device simultaneously.

I know I can do this with just the eventide pedals, but the problem is the Timeline has much more limited midi functionality, and can only receive expression pedal data via cc 100.

When I tried to set up my modfactor to transmit cc from the expression pedal, it can only go from 0-99, and when I read the Space manual it appears it too can only transmit 0 – 99.

Is there something basic I have missed, or is it a limitation in the software of the pedals?

Is there any other way of achieving what I want to do?

Thanks alot

brock
      Participant
      Quote:
      Is there something basic I have missed, or is it a limitation in the software of the pedals?

XMT / RCV 0-99 is the extent of it.  Often, you'll see the Channel Mode messages [CC120-127] excluded, and there's a good case to be made for leaving out CC99-101 [NRPN and RPN].  I think that Eventide [like RLD, Sequestial Circuits; and others] falls under that "100 out of 128 by design" camp.

Quote:
      Is there any other way of achieving what I want to do?

I mentioned a hardware translator here.  Some sort of MIDI pedal sending CC100 before your effects chain comes to mind.  Most MIDI host / DAW applications can convert CCs easily.  But I can't think of another way out of your dilemma without adding some external hardware to the process.

I have looked into the TimeLine in the past.  There may be a way around this by making the Strymon the 'master', and 'slaving' the Eventide pedals, but I don't  know its feature set well enough to be certain.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.