Any word on v4 betas?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Any word on v4 betas?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      anxiousmofo
      Participant

Any word on the release of v4 betas, now that the announced January target date has come and gone?

Still holding out hope for a proper Vibe model in Modfactor. Cool

herb

they wrote January, but did they ever say which year… come on, you know that they love to announce dates and then let us wait.

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Yeah, sorry, we did miss the January deadline due to some dutiful users pointing out bugs that just had to be fixed, but the good news is, that it's Feb. 3 and the Beta's are up!   

They should show up in Eventide Update Utility with your pedal(s) connected. 

Happy Testing,

-Russ

BC100
      Participant

I downloaded the installer and tried to run it.  First I was getting a segmentation violation, now the process starts and quits without any message – I can see that in the task manager.  I am running Windows7 – 64 bit.  I have both Space and Time Factor and have been able to update Time Factor in the past. Any suggestions?

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Are you talking about the installer for Eventide Update Utility?  Or are you referring to Eventide Update Utility as the "installer" for the pedals?

Russ

BC100
      Participant

Thanks Russ.  That would be the Eventide Update Utility.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I assume that you have downloaded the absolute latest version. That aside, all we can immediately suggest are the usual remedies – close all other applications, disconnect any other USB cables, and try again a few times. If you are still unsuccessful, contact support@eventide.com, who will hopefully have other options.

jb4674

Russ,

Can you tell us what else will be included in the full blown updates?

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

The Betas are a test of what the final updates should be in about a month.  We don't plan to add any features, as that would require another Beta period, so, pending any egregious bugs, the full blown versions will be much like these Betas. 

jb4674

Can you guys consider adding 2 options for the next update (or maybe this one) for all factors?

1. Swtich layout option.  Add an option on all menus for the factors to be able to have the same layout on the 3 stomp switches like in the Space or a custom option.  Within the menu would be an option called "SW Layout", inside that would be three options: 1. Default; 2. Space; 3. Custom (where the user would tell the factor box what he/she wanted each of the three buttons to do).

2. Deault Play mode effect.  Add another menu option on all factors for the user to be able to select an effect of his/her choice when setting the factor pedal on play mode.  Within the menu, there would be an option called "PL Effect", inside that would be two options: 1. default (the play effect in play mode is the last effect that was active on the factor box); 2. Custom (the user would pick an effect he/she wanted to designate as the default effect that the factor pedal would change to when the user put the pedal on play mode).

Please, please, please incorporate those features into all factors.  If you can do it for the full blown v4 for all factors that would be great.  If that is too much to ask for this update, then pleae do it for the next one.  That kind of functionality from an accessibilty option is missing from the pedals.  If you decide to do it, please call it JB4674's mode.

goldglob

I hope those egregious bugs are not too gregarious.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

goldglob:

I hope those egregious bugs are not too gregarious

They like to get together and egg each other on …

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.