Anyone have some tips/setting for a great chorus sound from TimeFactor?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Anyone have some tips/setting for a great chorus sound from TimeFactor?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

I haven't had great luck getting chorus sounds from my TF, they are always a bit too flangey and just not quite right. Does anyone have any settings I can try?

Thanks!

ben

Burger666

First, refer to this video to make sure that you agree with my version of a pretty good chorus (it's the Modfactor).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5oYHXtRCzM

Then, if you like what you hear, try these settings:

(Patch) 1:1
      Chorus; Intensity – 43; Type – Shim; Depth – 38; Speed – 1.47;
      Shape – Sine; XKnob – 0; DMod – 0; SMod – 0; Mod Rate – 1.38; Mod Src –
      Sine

Hope this helps. 🙂

idealguitars

Hey Burger that's a great chorus. Thx.

thats great burger, but I was after a setting for TIME FACTOR . ..

Ben

Burger666

Oops. So you were. Sorry. The Timefactor is actually easier to pull great chorus sounds from but I don't have any specific settings. I'll see what I can dig up in the next day or so.

beagle

Hi burger.

I love your settings and thx for your information.

By the way, I can not remember where I can get this but I found following setting for TF chorus.

Hope this help Ben.

vintage delay 50mix, 26ms, 2ms, 0, 0 20bit, dmod 10, 1.5hz, filter 50

Regards

geo
      Participant

awesome setting for the modfactor, would you be willing to share any others? your phaser, rotary and flanger patches were also great.

thanks,

Geo

Burger666

geo:

awesome setting for the modfactor, would you be willing to share any others? your phaser, rotary and flanger patches were also great.

thanks,

Geo

Sure. Most of the better settings are listed in the comments beneath the actual video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5oYHXtRCzM

Unfortunately that's all I can offer because I'm a tweak freak and I've already mucked up the settings as they were in the video. I'll have to revisit them myself because they're better than the ones I've got now, heheh.

To save you the trouble though, here's the settings that I actually recorded. Hopefully, ahem, there will be a proprietary editor that will make it easy to save and exchange presets.

1:1
      CHORUS; Intensity – 43; Type – Shim; Depth – 38; Speed – 1.47; Shape – Sine; XKnob – 0; DMod – 0; SMod – 0; Mod Rate – 1.38; Mod Src – Sine

1:2
      PHASE; Intensity – 18; Type – Positive; Depth – 99; Speed – .90; Shape – Sine; XKnob – 2; DMod – 0; S-Mod – 0; Mod Rate – .12; Mod Source – Sine.

2:1
      ROTARY; Intensity – Unused; Type – Std; Depth – R2.07; Speed – 3.25; Shape – R99H99; Xknob – 50; DMod – 0; SMod – 0; Mod Rate – 0.13; Mod Src – Sine

2:2
      TRMPAN; Intensity – 41; Type – Bias; Depth – 80; Speed – 5.32; Shape – Sine; Xknob – Unused; DMod – 0; Smod – 0; Mod Rate – .12; Mod Source – Sine.

3:2.
      Q-WAH; Intensity – 55; Type – Wah wah; Depth – 70; Speed – 7.59Hz; Shape – SMP/Hold; Xnob – 0; Dmod – 63; SMod – 0; Mod Rate – 0.12; Mod Source – Sine.

9:2
      UNDULATOR; Intensity:99; Type:Feedback; Depth:22; Speed (Sens):66; Shape: Envelope; Xnob – Feedback:75; D-Mod:0; S-Mod:0; Mod Rate:0; Mod Source:Envelope.

Here are a couple that don't appear on the YouTube site. Again these are copied from the machine today and maybe different from the settings I used to record the video a couple of months ago. They'll be a good starting point though.

4:1
      FLANGER; Intensity:8; Type:THRU-0; Depth:12; Speed:1.15Hz; Shape:Triangle; Xnob:MDO 99; D-Mod:0; S-Mod:0; Mod Rate:.13; Mod Source: Sine

4:2
      FLANGER; Intensity:99; Type: Positive; Depth:39; Speed:.58HzHz; Shape:Sine; Xnob:MDO 68;D-Mod:0; S-Mod:0; Mod Rate:.12; Mod Source: Tri.

6:1
      ROTARY; Intensity:Unused; Type: Standard; Depth:2.74Hz; Speed:5.07Hz; Shape:99/73; Xnob:Tone 45;D-Mod:0; S-Mod:0; Mod Rate:.12; Mod Source: Env.

6:2
      ROTARY; Intensity:99; Type: Positive; Depth:39; Speed:.58HzHz; Shape:Sine; Xnob:MDO 68;D-Mod:0; S-Mod:0; Mod Rate:.12; Mod Source: Tri.

8:1
      VIBRATO; Intensity:48; Type: Vintage; Depth:42; Speed:4.83Hz; Shape:Triangle; Xnob:Unused; D-Mod:0; S-Mod:0; Mod Rate:.12; Mod Source: Sine.

I'll start another thread so that these can be more easily found. After all, this is a thread looking for a chorus sound for the Timefactor. Sorry OP!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.