anyone using a One Spot for power?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes anyone using a One Spot for power?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      mjsstark

it's 9v & up to 1700ma. I would think that it would work – anyone know?

Awill
      Participant

I've been using the One Spot since day one for my Timefactor with zero problems or noise. However, if ANY other pedals are connected to the same power supply there will be some hum/interference. So, only power a single Timefactor per One Spot (i.e. all other pedals should be powered separately).

My unit shipped with a U.S. power supply and as I am based in Europe, I had to find an alternative and have no problems at all so far.

Hope this helps!

marrrtinez
      Participant

Like Awill, i?m using the one spot with my timefactor from the fist day without any problem at all. The timefactor have enough power to work with it without any problem. I Hope this helps

mjsstark

I bought the OneSpot, but the plug isnt the right size. How'd you get yours to fit?

marrrtinez
      Participant

Hi mjsstark!

You need to add an accessory called L6 CONVERTER (CL6), you can find more info here: http://www.visualsound.net/1spot.htm  , this convert the One spot plug to the Eventide?s one.

Hope this help!

Awill
      Participant

TheOne spot has around 4 different types of adaptors available. Unfortunatley I couldn't off-hand give you a reference number, but have a look at their website and check which matches the barrel and positive/negative requirements. Sorry, I can't be more help with the exact adaptor.

td2243

This is probably a dumb question, buy why opt for buying a one spot if you can only power one pedal with it?   Why not just use the power supply it came with?   Thanks for the help. 

JimiB

cause the one spot only takes up one outlet and the bulky wal wort that came with it takes three

kanifi

i'am using pedal power 2 voodoo lab on switch 5 and 6 on (line 6) and it's working fine

kanifiCool 

merlin17
      Participant

Wow, this is way under spec, no?
      Modfactor or Timefactor?
      I have a Modfactor, but I haven't tried with my PP2+, I'd LOVE it if that would work!
      Could I damage the PP or the MF by trying?

Peter

IDeangelis

yes, you could damage any product using a power feed that is not compliant to factory specs.

Be careful!

kanifi

talking for me no damage on timefactor and PP2 if you use 5 and 6 power line on line 6 mode switch on

Photobucket

merlin17
      Participant

You're using 5 OR 6, not both with an Y-cable, right?
      With the Line6 adapter cable that comes with the PP?

Peter

kanifi

i'am using at the moment 5 on PP2 with the cable line 6 came with the unit

kanifi

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.