Anyone using H9 with AUM and iOS?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Anyone using H9 with AUM and iOS?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      joegrant413
      Participant

Hi,

Happy H9 owner here.  Lately I have been getting back into the iOS world, primarily via a AU hosting app called AUM.

I don’t think I can integrate my H9 as a live AUM effect or the audio from the H9 as a live AUM channel. I’d rather do this without buying another audio interface for my iPad — right now, I use the old Camera Connection Kit and a USB hub.

And I’d instead not start $$$ bucking up again for Eventide apps.

So is anyone using the H9 pedal integrated with AUM?

Thanks,
      Joe

PRSGUY513
      Participant

I have to admit your post just made me aware such an App and “standard” exists. “Pretty Cool”! However, I’m thinking it is not able to do what you want. It appears to be for things where their sound, etc. is generated by the iPad, etc.. I imagine it would be useful for the H9 Plug-ins that have been put out in the last few years. The H9 Control is only controlling the device that does all the work stand alone. I would think Eventide would have to program a dedicated AU app or “go between” for H9 Control. I’m not a programmer so I may be slightly off a bit, but I think I’m close.

joegrant413
      Participant

Hi PRSGUY513.

Yep, you are right about the basic point of AUM. Having said that, my setup does allow for me to send any signal back or forth to the H9 and other gear since I have the “real” instruments and hardware hooked up to a Tascam mixer/recorder. So I have a couple of send loops going to the iOS world via an Apogee Jam / USB host / Camera Connection kit. Rather convoluted, huh?

Anyway, I can push back and forth signals to the H9. But to have it all working with the H9 effecting a live signal back to the iOS / AUM … not yet.

PRSGUY513
      Participant

Hi PRSGUY513. Yep, you are right about the basic point of AUM. Having said that, my setup does allow for me to send any signal back or forth to the H9 and other gear since I have the “real” instruments and hardware hooked up to a Tascam mixer/recorder. So I have a couple of send loops going to the iOS world via an Apogee Jam / USB host / Camera Connection kit. Rather convoluted, huh? Anyway, I can push back and forth signals to the H9. But to have it all working with the H9 effecting a live signal back to the iOS / AUM … not yet.

Ahh, OK I get what your doing. That’s definitely a way to integrate things to a degree. I’m have been just starting to devise a small platform using a Fractal FM3, H9, iPad and interface. I never thought I would not be using a real tube guitar amp and cabinet, but I’m getting too old to lug stuff around or even play at high volumes at home, etc. I wish I could help you more. Instead you may have helped me. I’m going to look into the AUM software. Could be a problem solver or at least make things easier. Thanks!!

bohan
      Eventide Staff

You’ll want to connect your iOS device to an iOS-compatible interface and pair the interface with your H9, so you can use your H9 via insert/return loops in AUM.

joegrant413
      Participant

Thanks, Bohan.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.