Anyone using the Roland EV-5?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Anyone using the Roland EV-5?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      td2243

I just bought a Time Factor yesterday and love it already.   Is anybody using the Roland EV-5 expression pedal with either of the stompboxes?   Does it work well with the Eventide line?   Thanks so much for your help.

Daniel

(previous H3000 lover)

td2243

Nobody is using this expression pedal? 

IDeangelis

You may want to check our support documents, on the website.

http://www.eventide.com/~/media/Files/Audio%20Support/TimeFactor/Everyone/TF_FAQ.ashx 

td2243

Thanks a ton!  That answered many questions actually. 

kevinattics
      Participant

My EV5 doesn't work too well with any of the Factor pedals. It doesn't seem to quite reach from 0 to 100% of any parameters assigned to it. Pretty disappointing when trying to use it for a Pitch-bending effect and then not landing in key.

brock
      Participant

Of course, the side trim pot needs to go all the way towards toe (0 setting).  I'm sure you've already tried that, but it's easy to accidently nudge it back.  I used to have that problem with my EV-5 and the PitchFactor.  I'd unplug it, then plug it back in, and re-calibrate it.  That seemed to work most of the time.  Occasionally, I'd need to cycle the power with it unplugged first.

I use that same EV-5 now into an EHX 8 Step Program, then out to my PitchFactor / H9.  After initial calibration, I set Pedal -> Pedal Calibration Disabled to YES in H9 Control.  I haven't had a problem since.  I'm not a big fan of the Pedal Lock setting (unless it's needed for a specific circumstance).  I haven't found the need to keep Pedal Lock engaged for the EV-5 as a permanent setting.

aiken

Hey brock, so does the ev5 work directly and properly with the h9?

brock
      Participant

“Hey brock, so does the ev5 work directly and properly with the h9?”

Just checked this again.  No problems.  I bought two of them years ago, and I never expected them to last this long (under heavy use).  The more current EV-5’s that I’ve looked at are electrically identical.  As I said above, I used to have some issues using these pedals with older PF firmware, but nothing that I couldn’t resolve quickly.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.