Anyone want an H9?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Anyone want an H9?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      oakridge
      Participant

Just kidding–well not really

man have I had some techno issues with upgrading to 4.8

Saw the new graphic compressor plugin so thought I would download it

needed to update to 4.8

tried to–bad transfer of firmare–unable to use just kept saying read..write..bad and shut off

power cycling/re try no good

eventually had to download boot 2.8 bam which updated system firmware

now able to download 4.8 but bluetooth pairs but won't recognise on iPhone app/ipad app and mbp/usb says invalid serial number

so now I've got 4.8 just can't use h9 control or download my backed up presets

my boss chorus and digital delay are beckoning me

hope I can get it sorted

support have been great but with the time diff here in Aus I normally get an email about 4-5 in am then try to sort before work etc at 6am and this has now gone back and forth for about 4 days!!

hopefully the graphic/comp alto is worth it

Dalmanours
      Participant

After downloading the update, the H9 will flash with "write" or "read". It is actually updating and it could take  a few minutes. So try again your update and let the H9 time to do his job 😉

gkellum
      Participant

If it's saying invalid serial number after the update, try doing a system restore.  Turn your H9 off and on again with the HotKnob and big wheel pressed.  This will most likely help, but it will restore your H9 to your factory presets.  You said you had your presets in H9 Control though, right?

Sorry to hear that you had so much trouble with the updating by the way.  The H9 has generally speaking a much more bullet proof updating system than the earlier Factor pedals, but we have had sporadic problems where people need to fix the software responsible for the updating, i.e. the boot loader.

oakridge
      Participant

Thanks for the help

nothing working yet

both blue lights on when pair with ophone

but connection times out

have tried numerous system restores (isn't it hot knob and right foots witch key– not hot knob and big button) until says clear– Mac updated sees box and can update firmware but afterwards still won't aallow connection with H9 says invalid series number or just times out

gkellum
      Participant

oakridge:

isn't it hot knob and right foots witch key– not hot knob and big button

That restores the system settings. The big wheel and right footswitch restores the system settings and the factory presets and is a bit more thorough.

When you go into the system mode on the H9, do you see the right serial number there for your unit? To check that, you press the HotKnob and right footswitch to go into system mode, scroll to Utilities, press the HotKnob (I think) to go into Utilities, scroll to SerialNo, and press the HotKnob to go into the SerialNo setting. Pressing the  HotKnob and right footswitch will take you back out of system mode.

oakridge
      Participant

Ok

i did that

seriel number says -NONE-

how do I re key series number?

gkellum
      Participant

oakridge:

how do I re key series number?

Great. So, now, we know the root of the problem. My colleague, Nick, is going to have to help you with restoring the serial number as only he can do that. I think you already sent an email to support@eventide.com about your updating problem on Friday, no? Would you mind sending another quick mail with a link to this thread, the serial number of your H9, and what kind of computer(s) you have? I think I remember you saying you have a Mac, no?

oakridge
      Participant

Thanks gkellum

have sent email

hopefully this will fix it

oakridge
      Participant

Unit can't be fixed with updates

have to send back to eventide from here in Australia

there are some advantages to plug and play stomp boxes!!!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.